Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Just got back from Barakath (a mamak shop near my house). Had few drinks with my bro. While I was drinking, I observed that Malaysian people (I don’t want to say any race because I don’t want to be labeled as a “racist”) are rude to the staff of the mamak shop, especially towards the waiters. I don’t think that this sight only happen at mamak shops or side street stalls. I personally think that this kind of rudeness towards people working a low class job is happening all across our beloved nation. Why do we do this? Is it because they work to ‘serve’ us? Or is it because, you people think that you don’t work serving people, you have the right to discriminate? I used to be one of those people who think this way, but, I grown mature and realized that these people also have feelings and dignity, so, I started treating them better, treating them like how I would like to be treated, like a human being.

I always TRY to stick by a quote by someone I forgotten their name ;p. The saying goes like, “Treat People Like How You Want To Be Treated”. I always bear in my mind that quote, it’s because that every single word of it is TRUE. If people treat you like a piece of crap, would you treat them like a human being? I won’t, cause I know, it shouldn’t be that way. You should consider other people’s feelings before you talk to them. Treat them with respect, love and honesty.

I urge you Malaysian people, change. Change the way that we live now. Show future generations and the world that we, Malaysians, have a beautiful way of speaking in everyday life. Show them that we are rich in culture and respect.

--Budi Bahasa Budaya Kita--

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

All Malaysian Bloggers Project